Tuesday, February 21, 2012

beginnings

This begins my diary of diet turn-around. I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. Tired of continual indigestion, fatigue, and over weight. My plan? Total food revolution. My husband and I are transitioning to a primarily plant-based diet. What was our final motivation? Revelation after watching a documentary entitled "Forks Over Knives." My family for generations has been riddled with cancer and heart disease, as well as diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. In taking this action, I see, and am hoping for, an opportunity for Darrin and I to change our genealogical destinies.

Yesterday was day one. It included planning and shopping for this week's menu, and cleaning out the cupboards of all the processed stuff I could find.

Monday


breakfast-oatmeal
lunch-bean burrito, chips and guacamole
dinner-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms and Spring Mix salad with balsamic vinaigrette


No comments: